South WoW Forums
To create an account please Click Here
South WoW Forums
To create an account please Click Here
South WoW Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South WoW is a Mainly PvP Server with Non-Overpowered Donor Gear and Friendly/Helpful GMs South.servegame.org

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lewis's GM Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lewis
Poor
Poor

Lewis's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Lewis's GM Application   Lewis's GM Application EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

1. What is your real name ?
My real name is Lewis.

2. How old are you ?
I am 14 years old. 15 in Jaunuary

3. Which time zone are you in? ( Ex., EST / PST )
GMT + 0

4. What's your account and main character name? What position are you applying for?
My main character name is Lewis, I don't mind what position I am applying for, I am not fussy. A rank is a rank, it is something I have earned. I have been on and off on Lewis, so some of you may have seen me, some have not. I have been really Ill.

5. When did you start playing wow? (everyone says vanilla beta--be honest) And when did you come to South-WoW?
I have been playing retail wow for about 2 years now. I came to South-WoW about 2 weeks ago. I just not have had the chance to make an account on the forum and apply.

6. How many hours a day you can play ?
Well, as I am 14. I go to school, but on weekends I can play from 12:00 PM untill 10-12:00 PM at night. In total about 11 hours on a weekend, on a weekday. I can play for about 4-6 hours. 4:00PM till 10:00 PM

7. How many hours a week (aprox) you can contribute to GM duty ?
In a week I can probally be on about 20+ hours or more.

8. Have you ever been a GM on any other Private servers?
Yes I have been a GM on many private servers.

8a. If so: names, positions, reasons for leaving, references.
World of Dalaran, I will not say my name due to it is one of their rules and I shall not break it. I do not play on this server anymore, I have played on Xplicit WoW. In total around 7-9 months GM experiance, I have been a GM on little servers and helpted develop on their server. I am a very fast learner.

9. Do you have a good knowledge of GM commands?
I have alot of knowledge about the GM commands, 1 thing I do not do is Abuse, I was an admin on a server I had access to GM logs, recruiting staff etc and the amount of 'noobs' that abused the commands were just unreal. Their applications were fine, It's just a stupid time they done it.

10. Can you extract a RAR file and install an add-on?
Yes I can, everyone did not know at one point. But for anyone who don't know, I am happy to teach

11. Are you willing to use Ventrilo to communicate with players and GM's if the need arises?
Ventrilo is a MUST for me, I really do like to communicate to other players and GMs. I don't like to be hidden.

12. Do you have a problem with authority?
No I do not.

13. What qualities do you possess that can be beneficial to our server?
I think I am a very helpful person, I don't like to be bored, I like to help out anyone that needs it, I don't like to see people waiting for 4 hours just to have their ticket replyed to. I think I am one of these people who are fast and helpful.

14. Imagine you are GM, and a player asks you to teach him his/her class missing skills, do you teach it? Explain.
Depends on what the rules are. What I would do as the question tells me, I would say no. If it's a missing spell, then its a missing spell. I will report this to the owner or developers. But if someone else has the spell and they don't I would tell them to re-create the character as it can be bugged. I would NEVER give out and items/skills/money to any player.

15. How many times have you voted for us?
None so far, but I am willing to if you wish Smile

16. What is the most important part of being a GM?
Answering tickets, I love to help people. If there were no helpers then people will be stuck in life. Also I have started to learn LUA scripting. So if you guys need any help, I can help you there Smile

17. What do you enjoy most about WOW?
I enjoy some PvP and some PvE. I am more of a mixed. I know some tacts from bosses and some I may not have known. I sometimes come on my own private server (on my computer) start fighting the boss, then on retail I know the tacts of what he will do.

18. ESSAY QUESTION (pick one)
1: Someone reports a hacker through a whisper. He says " BOB'S HACKING BAN HIM! ". What do you do? Explain.
If the player was mad, the first thing I would do is to tell them to calm down and that this problem can be sorted, I would also ask for proof, by taking screenshots and putting them in the 'Report Hackers' form. If any more questions that would be asked. I would go to the player and test myself, I would not ban a player without any proof.

Thank you for reading my application.

Lewis.

If any questions - Please ask!
Back to top Go down

Lewis's GM Application
Page 1 of 1